View Single Post
Posts: 1,950 | Thanked: 1,174 times | Joined on Jan 2008 @ Seattle, USA
Originally Posted by Den in USA View Post
After owning an N800, I think the perfect size tablet for me is one with a 5 inch display, still very portable yet easier to view.
I'd like it to have maybe a 4.5" screen in a form-factor more like -- oh-oh, hide your eyes, I'm going to say it -- the iPod touch. An N800 with a 5" screen in a body like the N800's: it just doesn't seem pocketable, nor could I easily carry it in a belt pouch. I already find the N800 chunkier/heavier than I like to carry.

I got myself an N810, didn't like it as well; got myself a back-up N800. Gonna sell the N810. Won't give up my N800's until [it's pried from my dead hands, or] someone comes out with a tablet that has
  • a screen at least as large;
  • a resolution at least as high;
  • and volume and bulk no greater.

I also have no plans on incurring any monthly charges.

I really like Maemo, but I'd consider some other OS if my hardware specs were met and it could smoothly handle browsing, movies, and e-books. For the web, I couldn't care less about "Web 2.0" (I don't need no Facebook) or Flash. Just print and pictures, ability to re-flow information like the old Fit Width to Page.

I was so cool when I got my N800 -- and now I sound like I'm just an Old Codger N800 User!

Well, it's been almost 2-1/2 years with the N800, and, much as I'd like a little more oomph and a smaller package, I won't be surprised if I'm still relying on it 2-1/2 years hence.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to GeraldKo For This Useful Post: