View Single Post
Originally Posted by CrashandDie View Post
Don't you have a blog for this kind of stuff?

I know this forum is supposed to be off-topic, but, aren't you getting tired from your self-promotion here?

I know I am.
Seriously CrashandDie, lighten up. Just because I make one personal post commenting about something cool that happened in my life doesn't make me some self promoting scumbag or something. I spend a lot of time online regularly helping hundreds and thousands of people all over the internet with Linux and FOSS related topics. I'd probably do more here to help out, but since the bulk of the posts currently involve the n900, and since I currently lack a unit of my own, or any expertise with it, it's sorta pointless butting my nose in where I have no right being, unless it's a non-900 specific question which I have knowledge and expertise in.

But that doesn't mean I'm gonna forever be a lurker now. When the first Nokia MeeGo device comes out, I'll be grabbing one as quickly as I can, and with that in hand, I'll become a majority contributor again. Does that make you happy? Seriously, I hate it when people crap all over me because of one post, but say jack squat about the hundreds, sometimes thousands of other helpful posts I've made either here or on countless other sites. Seriously, chill out. It's just one bloody post, and a harmless one at that. Sheesh. How about for a change you start thanking me for the good I've done instead of crapping on me every time I do something off topic or not specifically tech related. Last I checked I'm allowed to do that from time to time.
Originally Posted by mmurfin87 View Post
Ouch.

That sounds like a good deal if things hold out.
Thanks. Yeah, I'm kinda excited about that. It's a sign of good things to come.