View Single Post
Posts: 579 | Thanked: 471 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Austria
Originally Posted by fraaaaanka View Post
Hi All,
Created this thread so we can share any tips and tricks with the standard ovi maps that comes with the N900.

I have found I can use Ovi Maps quite well to get me from a to b using the routing and recently found that when a route has been calculated and marked out by clicking the compass, then clicking the centre of the compass gives me a 3d perspective view which increased the usability of it greatly (cant believe I didnt know this before)
Anyway, if you didnt know about it theres 1 tip for ya!
Thanks above all for telling me how to get into 3d view. Since the last upgrade of Ovi Maps I had been unable to launch it although I was searching for it . I checked that also in the newest User Guide does not give a clue.

What I find very confusing at times is the constant change of orientation when GPS tracking is on. I discovered that I can stop that by using the compass, choose the orientation myself, and then click outside of the compass. Unfortunately, the map then also stays where it was, so the red dot is not followed any longer, but that is often the lesser evil. Does anyone know how to do better?

Good luck with this thread - may it not decay in yet another endless and thus useless series of complaints about Ovi Maps