View Single Post
Posts: 40 | Thanked: 14 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Mobile
Originally Posted by XTC View Post
I'm impressed.
So many hardware designs but story of Apple shows that there is no need for zilion of devices "for everyone".
I see this now as need for software development.
Hardware performance of different devices tend to become similar and software makes the real difference.
That's only my point of view but now I see that I can select different devices that meet or almost meet my expectations from the hardware side, the thing is I don't like using WM phones and what I read about android makes me bit sceptic.
In fact apple has shown that the 'model T Ford' approach has huge benefits and enables third party accessory makers to create an ecosystem around your product.

I hope Nokia realises that trying to produce a phone format for everyone means that there are so many models that all are less useful to everyone than the single form factor with a huge support of accessories.

The n900 is a great form factor- stick with it. Make the battery bigger and fill the whole front with display over time. But get all you can out of the one form factor and allow the accessory market to boom