View Single Post
Posts: 149 | Thanked: 140 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ YUL
I have got some questions to complete the wiki page. Maybe you guys could point me the a post where it has already been covered or answer said questions themselves.

Question 1 : (Directed to Qgil) Is it possible for you to address anything related to the future of Maemo.org at the moment. (I believe it is a no ?). Example :

What happens to those who run Maemo branded forums? To those who are currently members of the Maemo council? What happens to those who work on the Maemo infrastructure and code base - there already exists a MeeGo code base and infrastructure.

Question 2 : Something that is recurring in the forum is : "Maemo/N900 is only 3 months old and already Nokia is announcing a new OS". Perhaps it would be good to give people some perspective on software development. I was thinking maybe to include in the wiki the development time frame of Maemo 5.

Let's say for, example sake, that Nokia announced Fremantle and then X months later they shown the first development board (Beagle Board ?) and finally Y months later customers could purchase the N900. I think it would give an idea to people where "approximately" we are in the development of Harmattan/N9XX.

Question 3 : Will My Favorite Maemo 5 GTK+ Application run on MeeGo 1 ?

Partial answer is : The MeeGo architecture includes GTK+ (Maemo 5 API) for application compatibility. This is not the same as as officially supported. It needs more meat, in my opinion.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Mandor For This Useful Post: