View Single Post
Posts: 3,203 | Thanked: 1,391 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Worthing, England
Originally Posted by Dexter1759 View Post
Thank you once again! Once I have the time I shall continue looking into PyQt development, using eric4, but first need to worry about managing my current workload and moving house.

Your tutorials/guides are exactly the sort of thing I have been looking for!

Just need to think myself up a little "project" to get me started with!

[Edit] Infact, after moving house I shall have a project to work on. I plan on getting a QNAP NAS drive, that I shall be setting up a MySQL db on for logging my hours. Would it be possible to create an app for my N900, that could connect to the MySQL database from any internet connection in the world (3G or wifi), with the ability to append, view & edit data?

Apologies for the specific question, just want to know it's possible, not how it's done.
Yup you can as long as the database is accessible externally - got it working with mine last week - just tested the connection (Also tested MSSQL fine)
----------- Are you on the N900 World Map? - http://pininthemap.com/maemo - masterpin: shotgun
----------- What apps do you want to see on the n900 or in MeeGo in the future? -