View Single Post
Posts: 445 | Thanked: 572 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Oxford
Originally Posted by qgil View Post
So what about a "What can we realistically expect..." wiki page
To be completely clear; are you suggesting a page in which Nokia communicates with us what we can realistically expect, or a page in which we make wild uninformed speculations about it? In other words are you trying to remove people's fears, uncertainties and doubts, or simply contain them in one place?

Originally Posted by Texrat View Post
"Our" is a really big set. You mean Nokia executive management.
Yes, as I said, I'm sure we understand that it's not Quim's call.

Quim's point as I understand it is that the decision is made high enough up that it's out of his hands, and ranting about it here is pointless at this time.
I (slightly) disagree. Ranting about it here does two things; it informs anyone coming into this community about Nokia's attitude to communication, which is useful information in itself, and it provides a body of evidence of the costs of that attitude which should be useful in helping people like Quim get a change from Nokia management.

Clearly, there is a problem, and Quim's trying to fix it/make it go away. My point is that the problem, and the solution, do not lie with this community, and therefore trying to deal with it here is, as you say, pointless at this time. We can't fix this, only Nokia can.

The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to ewan For This Useful Post: