View Single Post
First post. I'm no programmer I'm afraid, but have been lurking here since my N900 arrived the day after the Valentines Day massacre for the latest rumours on what's going to happen. I'd been holding off getting the phone for ages, but seeing Ovi Maps 3.03 on the wif'es 5800 pushed me over the edge and so I took the plunge when I read plenty of online articles stating that Maps 3.03 would be arriving on the N900 pretty soon after. I'm not bothered if MeeGo gets onto the N900 or not, it was supplied with Maemo 5 and that was one of the reasons for choosing it, but lack of official Nokia confirmation for Maemo Maps 3.03 (or equiv.) really does get my goat.

Looking at that advert worries me, if it is recent. Two things jump out at me:

1. While stocks last
2. Linux powered

I've seen a lot of 'unwanted upgrade' N900s on eBay just recently and now seeing this ad too, get the feeling that this phone has already been de-ranged by Nokia and they've instructed Vodaphone to clear out their stock. It's peculiar that the ad refers to the device as being Linux powered considering all the noise they had been making about Maemo until last week.

Where's the black helicopter icon around here?