View Single Post
Posts: 93 | Thanked: 52 times | Joined on Oct 2008 @ Victoria BC Canada
Originally Posted by Addison View Post
Hey David, I guess I'm way behind in the times.

Mind explaining how you are able to do this?
Well, basically, all I did was go into the stock mail client, Accounts, New - and put the values in that Gmail says to use (Settings, Forwarding and Pop/IMAP, IMAP). I won't say it's point and click simple, but all you need to do is follow the directions.

Overall, it works well. Incoming mail will flash the LED (which is actually a good use for it), then put an envelope on the, what, task bar? Screen left, no idea what it's called. A tap on that and the email comes up, or a tap on the X and it goes away.

For basic mail, the default client seems good enough. It doesn't do much for multi-media, but text is fine. For some odd reason, it won't take a capital 'M' from the hw keyboard, on screen is fine. No idea why - works everywhere else, and yes I've mucked with the keyboard settings. But, I'm not a big emailer from the N810, so that's not a big deal. It's just really handy to just glance at the N810 to see if I have mail, see who it's from, and maybe enter a quick response. For anything bigger, I go to my desktop and fire up the gmail client.

The only annoying part is if I get an email at 4am and it starts flashing. The N810 is my bedside alarm clock, in Flip-clock (python version) night mode. That flashing light is BRIGHT, lights up the whole room - basically demands you shut down Flip-clock, clear the notification, and restart Flip-clock before going back to sleep.

David...