View Single Post
Posts: 1,513 | Thanked: 2,248 times | Joined on Mar 2006 @ US
Originally Posted by Reggie View Post
Thanks Quim for starting this thread.

I would think there should be a separate forum so discussions are not one-sided. By one-sided I mean not just maemo.org folks talking about MeeGo. We need to bring in folks from the Moblin community as well.

I don't think option 3 is a good solution as if I understand it correctly, Maemo and Moblin will still have their own unique devices and stores and enthusiasts loyal to each brand might want an 'official' forum of their own. Plus I fear Moblin folks getting intimidated to register or join the discussion here in this current forum.

With regards to Option 2, I can setup a MeeGo vbulletin forum in less than an hour. I can set up a forum only site for the meantime (say meegotalk.com) so both camps have a common discussion board as we sort things out.

I would like to hear other suggestions however.
Absolutely, keep it separate for now please. Thanks Reggie for the alternatives if MeeGo mailing list isn't sufficient.

QGil properly said let the community decide. Well, maemo.org may decide to remain independent of meego. (I don't think it necessarily should) You should respect that option IMHO and let maemo.org decide what it wants to do and allow time for it to decide what to do. N8xx users already feel pushed out at times and using t.m.o for discussions on MeeGo uniquely will only marginalize them further.

I appreciate the motivation to try to get the community coalesced around the merger, but the merger decided to move forward without a priori maemo.org support. IMHO, we need to wait and let maemo.org support come forward on its own terms and on its own
time schedule.

Last edited by SD69; 2010-02-18 at 13:25.