View Single Post
Posts: 17 | Thanked: 5 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Fort Lauderdale, FL
I keep getting the same memory error...

I find it simply ridiculous that an application (regardless of which repository it comes from) can tie up so much of the system that nothing else can work properly. A program that destroys system resources, ties up the processor, prevents new programs from being installed, and slows things down without telling the user it is doing so is a virus! Anyone who writes a program that is not optified and uses up root resources is an idiot. Any company that releases a device which boasts 32gigs of memory or 1gig of application memory but limits root to 100 usable megs is lying to its consumers. The fact that an enduser cannot increase available root memory is just lame. I have nearly 60 apps on my device; how do I sit down and figure out which ones are installed on the root file structure or not? How do I find out what is optified and what isn't? How do I look up which program came from which repository? Is there an app out there that fixes this ******ed problem? Why did all of these apps fit before I updated my firmware, but not after? Shouldn't a new firmware update fix problems like this? I paid nearly $600 for this device-this is financially unsettling.
I hate to say this (because I hate iApple) but an iPhone can install any app without causing any problems and not only costs less than half of the N900, but has teams of people working to fix problems in its operating system rather than leaving things up to developing communities who might choose to not optify anything.