View Single Post
Posts: 1,359 | Thanked: 717 times | Joined on May 2009 @ ...standing right behind you...
The N900 is for all points and purposes now a legacy device.

You will see one - maybe two - firmware updates but then it will be supported in the same way as Nokia supports the N770, N800 and N810 devices. Actually I believe the N900 has already received more support than then N810 did

The Maemo name is already now known to be a dead-end operating system (why do you think Nokia is so eager today to have any reference to "Maemo6" removed?) - and there is NO commercial company out there that will take the time and effort to port and/or create any applications or games for an OS that will cease to be in a matter of, what, a year, eighteen months?

If you should get an N900 is entirely up to you but if I were you I'd look at alternatives like the droid.
AutoScan, Diablo5 Theme, Dialcentral, DragLock, EmelFM2, FlipClock, gPodder, Headphoned, Knots 2, Maemo Mapper, mPlayer, openNTPD, OpenSSH, Panucci, Personal Launcher, QuickNote, Seqretary, SlideLock, Telescope, YellowNotes

The Following User Says Thank You to silvermountain For This Useful Post: