View Single Post
Posts: 398 | Thanked: 301 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ Texas
Take a look at this wiki article. It provides a Handbrake profile that will work on the N900 (or use Ipod for lower quality videos). Make sure chapter markers are off in either case until PR1.1 is upgraded.

FWIW, h.264 encompasses a lot of territory. The N900 plays a subset of everything that h.264 is capable of, like the ipod and other video players that claim to support h.264.

Frank

Originally Posted by jeck77 View Post
I'm new to Maemo, so I'm not sure if my problem falls under the same umbrella here. I upgraded my Nokia N900 to the latest firmware, but I cannot even play normal .mp4 movies on it.

I rip the DVD with DVD Shrink, and then take the ripped file and use Handbrake to convert it into an .mp4 using the standard Normal settings. The movies play fine in all players on my PC, but when I transfer it over to my N900, (which I cannot do through the video manager of PC Suite, I have to do it manually via drag and drop), the N900 tells me the format is not supported.

They are normal .mp4 H.264 videos, which I thought the N900 supported out of the box...

Any suggestions?

The Following User Says Thank You to Frank Banul For This Useful Post: