Thread: Apple iPad
View Single Post
Originally Posted by Thor View Post
Thanks for the replies!
No problem.

A few things I'm not clear about. Does this mean you can open say 10 webpages all at the same time and not have to go back and reload and so on, say when underground with no signal ?
Hmmm...not sure. The most pages I've had open at one time was 5 and I was able to flick back and forth between them while within mobile Safari and didn't have any try to reload on me.

Is there a way to load and unload things without having to use iTunes?
Not unless you're jailbroken however there is iTunes on the device itself.

Are there great free GPS/Navigation software ? And ones that don't need a data connection for when I'm on holiday overseas? Can you pre-load maps for holidays too ?
There's one or two of them. I bought the Navigon app and it's excellent. Navigon (and Tom Tom and several more) all pre-load apps on the device itself. Any one of them has more functionality than Ovi maps does at the moment.

Google Maps would be way too expensive that way. A bunch of text messages I sent in Sweden over a 3 day period was charged here for around $20 so you can imagine how ridiculous it would be with roaming data charges
Boy don't I know it. I ran up some horrendous charges in Europe, Africa, and the ME. Luckily my employer was the U.S. Government so they footed the bill on their phone chip.

Also, a few days ago I was trying to send a ringtone to a friend's iphone and we couldn't figure out how to do it.
You can't....unless your jailbroken. Honestly, I don't play the "ringtone trading game", I just make my own. Once jailbroken you have hte option to download and install FREE ringtones using Cydia. If your friends are also on iPhones and jailbroken they can do the same. Or you can make your own and just email them once done from your main computer.

Any ideas what to do ? We must have done something wrong. Pairing seemed to work. I tried straight afterwards with a friend's LG phone and no problems sending a pdf file.
I guess you're not jailbroken? There's some iPhone apps out there for bluetooth sharing, but again I don't do things like that so I haven't researched it thoroughly.