View Single Post
Posts: 1,559 | Thanked: 1,786 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Boston
Originally Posted by thp View Post
I didn't know about Memopad+ for PalmOS, I thought Maemopad+ was named like that because Maemopad already existed.
Memopad+ was named like that because Memo Pad existed (it was a built in PalmOS PIM app). I don't think there was ever a Maemo Pad app. Memopad+ was an awesome improvement on Memo Pad, hence the fond memories of it lingering into 2010.

Originally Posted by Wikipedia-PalmOS
Version 1.0 features the classic PIM applications Address, Date Book, Memo Pad, and To Do List. Also included is a calculator and the Security tool to hide records for private use.
You can of course call your new app port whatever you want, and adding a "+" is awkward for URLs and packages. I was just explaining that the original name had a meaningful history with the advantage of free name recognition for those who remember the PalmOS days: Maemopad+ is the spiritual successor to memopad+.

Unofficial PR1.3/Meego 1.1 FAQ

Classic example of arbitrary Nokia decision making. Couldn't just fallback to the no brainer of tagging with lat/lon if network isn't accessible, could you Nokia?
MAME: an arcade in your pocket
Accelemymote: make your accelerometer more joy-ful

Last edited by Flandry; 2010-01-30 at 19:37. Reason: Unmatched braces :eek:

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Flandry For This Useful Post: