View Single Post
Originally Posted by jdr93 View Post
.. though it had basically found the shortest route it did try to lead me up a dead end street in the city. during the trip it displayed a road that was not there, then a mile later did not show a road that was there.
This is a common problem for all navigation systems, and not much the manufacturer can do about it. It's not easy for TeleAtlas (the map provider) to do much about it either, because they buy either directly from your local authorities (which usually are responsible for maps in your town), or through an intermediary.

The problem is when the source of the maps don't bother with (for them) unimportant things like marking up the maps with one-way, non-motorized, private, or road changes. We can yell at TeleAtlas but often it's not in their powers to do much. Where I live it's like that, so for me the most important feature for any car nav system is fast, automatic recalculation when I don't follow the planned route..

one more thing. oddly, the ad on the nokia site says the car charger can power both the gps receiver and the n800, it can actually only charge one or the other.
Now that is odd to the extreme. That'll be trouble unless the GPS lasts very very long on one charge..