View Single Post
Well, the story continues. Evidently someone on here (thank you, whoever you are) put the Executive Support folks on my case. And last Wednesday they called, and faxed me an affadavit to sign and fax back. Of course I was a little miffed that they misspelled my name, referred to me as "her" and had filled in the date as 2006. I faxed it back the same day, and they said they'd be shipping me a new unit shortly.

Today I got the new unit via FedEx. However, I was a little concerned that it came wrapped in a baggie with the camera sticking out. IOW, it wasn't a boxed unit, and no idea if it was new or not. So went to open it to make sure nothing was broken AND...

No battery or internal SD card. Which means I have a new unit that may or may not work, but won't know until I can get them to at least ship me a new battery. Now, I had shipped mine with the battery and the internal SD card they sent because "I" didn't know if those were part of the problem or not. Considering that the unit won't run without a battery, I would think they might realize most folks would ship it back with the battery in place. I'm willing to give them the benefit of the doubt on the internal SD card (though since I sent mine in, that means I'm out one), but the battery?

I'd like to report a happy ending. I really would have liked to have reported that there would have at least been a note with an apology (if not some free swag like Amazon used to give when they screwed up). But to ship an N800 in a baggie in a manner that it can't even be tested to see if it was ok...

Hopefully I still have the Exec support number at work. I'll call them and give them another (!) chance to make things right. But this is certainly not adding anything to their "sterling" reputation...