View Single Post
Posts: 479 | Thanked: 641 times | Joined on Dec 2007 @ Switzerland
OK, to summarize the issues that petibub reported:

- calendar named "Privat", or "Private" in the English version of Maemo: to sync that one, you have to accept to sync the calendar named "cal_ti_calendar_private"

- calendars with umlauts or any other diacritic, or any other non-ascii symbol: now Erminig won't crash. It will instead display the question about syncing a calendar in a UI dialog, to avoid problems with the terminal

- recognition of calendars already in google: no fix for the moment. But this is not really a bug, more a convenience. Can be "fixed" easily only once the GUI is done.

- calendars shown with IDs instead of title: according to petibub (thank you very much for the research on that bug!) the problem looks to be on Google's side and not on erminig's. As a workaround (which I'm not sure that it is effective, but it won't do any harm), a newly created calendar is immediately updated with its real name (even if it is already correct). This may help.

----------------

Upcoming version of Erminig-NG will contain the fixes shown above, plus a big change: instead of accessing directly the calendar database, I will use the published calendar API, shis is the correct way of interacting with the Calendar DB.

SInce there's no python binding to access CCalendar DB, I will write a C++ wrapper library that will be used by Erminig-NG to access easily the Calendaring API. This should be rather straightforward (famous last words), and I hope to get that new version out by this Sunday.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to lorelei For This Useful Post: