View Single Post
Posts: 73 | Thanked: 79 times | Joined on May 2009 @ Virginia
Originally Posted by Batmensch View Post
fatalsaint: still, the OP seemed to say the N1 didn't multitask. Hard to say that up to 6 isn't "multi"
I did say that, technically I was right *and* wrong. As Google's help page for the phone mentions:

When you open an application, its screens open, but the previous application doesn't stop; it keeps on running: playing music, rendering a webpage, and so on. You can quickly switch among your open applications, to work with several at once. Android and each application work together to ensure that applications you aren't using don't consume resources unnecessarily, stopping and starting them as needed (you don't need to quit an application when you aren't using it).
More or less that means it closes out the programs when it thinks you don't want them anymore, but it doesn't really keep instances open. I consider multitasking to guarantee *keeping it open* and the ability to switch between open instances and close then as *you* need, not as Android *thinks* you need. So this is multitasking to an extent, but not true multitasking.

Honestly I'd be afraid of this draining the battery really fast, but I won't comment on the battery till I've given it time to really give some consistent results. (aka Me not playing on it for hours cause it's a new toy :P)

Source: http://www.google.com/support/androi...168452#1147812

The Following User Says Thank You to Apoc For This Useful Post: