View Single Post
Originally Posted by popwar View Post
anyone else getting bothered about how the n900 saying it should be able to do more stuff , and how the iphone has so much more stuff and more easier to use , etc ? its getting on my nerves " you wasted you money , why did you pay 600 dollars for a ''phone'' ? " OMG STFU!!! YOU DO NOT UNDERSTAND! . '' the iphone is still the best man , it can do everything '' just examples .
http://www.amazon.com/Nokia-N900-Unl...2717477&sr=8-1

+ tmobile's Even more plus Individual plan 3 options
$59
500min
Unlimited text
unlimited Data
720 a year + phone = $1,990 for 2 years

$69
1000min
Unlimited text
unlimited Data
840 a year + phone = $2,230 for 2 years

$79
Unlimited Talk text and web
960 a year + phone = $2,470 for 2 years

Plus any Taxes/fees

Att
Iphone 32 gb 3gs Phone $299 + 2 year contract

2 year contract- 4 Options:

$39
450 min + rollover*
Mandatory Data $30
Phone + plan for 2 years=1,956

$59
900 min + rollover*
Mandatory Data $30
Phone + plan for 2 years= $2,460

$79
1350 min + rollover*
Mandatory Data $30
Phone + plan for 2 years=$2,916

$99
Unlimited
Mandatory $30 data
Phone + plan for 2 years=$3,420

Plus any taxes/fees

*(roller minutes kick in once you exhaust your monthly plan min if you have any)

So if your a casual phone person or a baby smartphone user on the low end you might find a plan that saves you a few bucks over Tmobile+n900. But if your a Smartphone power user and need a unlimited plan, your saving $950 bucks(I could buy another n900).

But as you see paying for the phone upfront just means we a.) Don't have to sign a contract b.) pay a lower monthly bill.

I won't degrade your choice of phone, I don't NEED to, however don't make assumptions that just because I had money to throw around on the n900 I wasn't frugal. Also the only problems I have with the n900 stem from Nokia trying to be more apple like as well as restricting things, which defeats my purpose in getting one.

So long as they correct mistakes the platform will thrive, however if they don't let the n900 grow wings by trying to control it(outside security) it will crash and burn.

The Iphone isn't a device for me. I bought a itouch and problem after problem crept up. I begin to hate it with a passion, that alone deterred me from a iphone. I picked up a cowon s9(wife) and o2(me) and I have not looked back since. My n900 does all the things my itouch couldn't do and that apple won't let the iphone do.

My fear is that some(phone and device manufactors) in hope of repeating apples success other phone will adhere closely to apple's business practices. This would leave me few choices in the future if any.

The Following User Says Thank You to Slick For This Useful Post: