View Single Post
Posts: 207 | Thanked: 119 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Pittsburgh, PA, USA
Originally Posted by pete View Post
It's been a long while since I was using Linux daily, but I remember that runlevel switching to singleuser mode was at boot time from LILO (usually to fix something). I don't know what bootloader Maemo uses but it's probably similar unless things have drastically changed.
I have never used LILO. I used only GRUB. But on n900 they don't use GRUB and I don't think that it is LILO.....

Does the phone start at all or can you not reboot it? If you changed the runlevel in a running kernel, it's likely dropped you out of runlevel 3, which is what I think is normal multiuser mode, so no X, etc., .
Phone is bricked. Cannot reboot or boot. I know that I can re-flash it but I would like to try do it without flashing. Partially I am intresting in this mode because I have corrupted files in /home/user folder. I tried to run "fsck" on /home volume before mounting it.
Anyway having mode for make system changes in "init 1" mode (before mounting all volumes and starting most programs) will be very helpful.

Last edited by mikhmv; 2010-01-02 at 04:04.

The Following User Says Thank You to mikhmv For This Useful Post: