View Single Post
Posts: 819 | Thanked: 806 times | Joined on Jun 2009 @ Oxnard, Ca.
Impressed with drag and drop 6gigs of music from my pc over usb and it took under ten minutes i think (well it was quick). Got mad about the battery draining really fast when I went out to do laundary and took it outside for the first time.
So i got rid of tune wiki widget. Adjusted omweather to check only once a day. Turned off wifi connect and checking, Got rid of ap news widget. I'm just trying to eliminate everything and take it one step at a time to find out where the drain is coming from.

Then i noticed I was doing something stupidly obvious this whole time.

FM transmitter widget says "on" by default. That is a button not a notification.
I thought it was a notification and i kept tapping it thinking i was turning the transmitter off because after i tapped it, it said off.
So first time i took it outside i had the transmitter on whenever the earplugs weren't in.

Mediaplayer widget is not working for me. When i tap play it won't play the song but next song works.

I keep trying to put the stylus in the upper right because that is where N810 had it and it's a convenient place for it.

The keyboard; the keys are small for me (I'm 6'1") and there is no shift on the right hand side (like N810) which means I have to be careful not to drop it when i need to hit shift or control and a character on the left hand side of the keyboard because it's an akward motion for me but i like the sure feeling of "I pressed it" unlike the non feeling i got with N810 keyboard (Many times i thought i pressed a key and i didn't) there is more travel (up down motion) in the keys on this keyboard which i like.
I cant decide if i should cut my finger nails off or keep them for the keyboard.

Love the crisp screen, love the browser, love the way it operates most of the time with the multitasking, love the headphone jack on the short side, i want the N810 kickstand back, love the accelerometer playing bounce that was fun, really like the high speed bluetooth and usb, my microphone works, phone call quality was good on edge, omweather loaded my weather from gps right away, like the 4 desktops, I like how they give you more than 4 choices of loopable wallpapers so you could at least get a chance to play with the concept before going online and hunting down more, I liked how I can stick wesbites as shortcut widgets on my desktops, I like being able to move widgets ovr to the next desktop when your in edit desktop mode, I don't like how it is less responsive in the corners of the screen because a lot of controls end up in those locations, i like typing file: into the browser and seeing every file in the system with nothing hidden if i need to, i can live with backspace to go back one page in the browser because i understand we are trying to maximize real estate.

Last edited by aironeous; 2009-12-25 at 03:27.