View Single Post
Posts: 2,152 | Thanked: 1,490 times | Joined on Jan 2006 @ Czech Republic
Originally Posted by Rocketman View Post
the obvious effort by Nokia to push sales of the 770 hard in stores (on a product they considered dead) in recent months to clear existing stock on hand.
I didn't see such effort from Nokia. They even did not lower the price of n770 to make it more attractive. Current price of 350 EUR vs 400 EUR for n800 makes it clear which device is good to buy. If you listen to interview with Ari Jaaksi mentioned in this thread http://www.internettablettalk.com/fo...ead.php?t=5534 it is intentional and they hope people will not buy n770 anymore. But still there may be people who prefer n770 for whatever reason so they still sell it. Maybe it also means that manufacturing costs of such first device is so high they cannot even reduce price because they profit is so thin.

I think it is fair. You may have another opinion but I think anyone could see N770 was first of its kind and this could be expected. All companies do it. If you don't like it, don't buy such devices and wait for second or third revision of the product.