View Single Post
Posts: 2,173 | Thanked: 2,678 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Cornwall, UK
Originally Posted by krfkeith View Post
Hi!
I was liking my N900, but when I connected it to my computer, it wasn't recognized, so I thought rebooting it would help. However, the phone would not reboot, it would show the Nokia logo with the backlight for a few seconds then shut off. I figured it didn't have enough juice to start up, so I plugged it into the computer. What would happen then is that the phone would turn on and show the Nokia logo (without the backlight) and then turn off and back on. Sometimes the orange charging indicator light would be on, and others time it wouldn't be on. I thought that maybe the computer wasn't supplying enough power, so I several different chargers (one included, generic USB power adapter) and they all had the same problem. I then tried it with another computer, and had the same problem except that ocassionally the orange light would be on (always solid and not flashing) without showing the Nokia logo.

Has anyone else had this issue?
Any help would be appreciated!

-Kevin

Have you tried charging it from a mains charger? I find that my n900 doesn't begin to charge from the pc via usb until I choose 'pc suite' and 'mass storage'. If you aren't being able to make that connection, it may not be charging. Try plugging it into the mains.