View Single Post
Posts: 415 | Thanked: 193 times | Joined on Jun 2009 @ A place with no mountains
See this thread:
http://www.droidforums.net/forum/mot...our-droid.html

Let me get this out of the way...I'm not getting an iphone(carrier issues), and Palm os is pretty much ceasing to exist, so I'm not a fanboy of any sort. I need a new smartphone, which will require me to get comfortable with a new os. Right now, I'm pretty objective.

I've had my Droid for 2 weeks today. No need to go over all of the issues (most of which come from being an early adopter of this phone) like echo, email, camera,bla bla bla. Motorola says that most of the issues will be addressed Dec 11-ish with an os update. That is just a few days after the deadline for returning my phone.

Android seems like a great os, and the Droid has the best screen I've seen on any phone (which is how I can justify the size of the phone). Having said that, do I really want to keep this thing beyond the 30 day return period? Is it worth the gamble that the os update will 'fix' a substantial portion of the bugs? Would this even be an issue if the phone didn't have such a FINE screen?

I'm really at a loss as to what to do.
The N900 might not be perfect, but no other comparable product is either. I just wanted to add some perspective to all those who are complaining here.

Useful links for newcomers: New members say hello , New users start here, Community subforum, Beginners' wiki page, Maemo5 Intro, Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)

Choosing open source is an important purchasing decision for your future. The closed source model of computing is a form of exploitation -- of us! Open source empowers us. Be smart -- chose open source.

The Following 16 Users Say Thank You to MountainX For This Useful Post: