View Single Post
Posts: 142 | Thanked: 12 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Austria
Originally Posted by thp View Post
I guess (really just a guess!) it will be a bit delayed, until the issues with the "Drei" network's SIM cards are fixed.

Or to quote http://conversations.nokia.com/2009/...gins-shipping/:

That said, it's working fine on Orange's network in Austria.
Thanks for that info ... additionally to say: the 3 sim card bug was only for uk networks and nobody knows if the behaviour with 3 sim cards in Austria is the same. It - for example - was no problem in Italy and it is said that older 3 sims are working well too. But who knows exactly until tested.

Nevertheless it wouldn't be a problem for me @ all because I have A1 for work and 3, Orange and T-Mobile sim-only contracts to have some private fun.
The only one who is aware of shipping to countries with 3 networks is Nokia. Just think of the people who will then rail against Nokia. That would be bad publicity for a new high-end device with a new revolutionary OS. ( they know this from the past, I think )

I only wish they would have been a bit more authentic in giving dates. This - mystical behaviour - pushes the hype for some time but will then suddenly change to rage distress and resignation.
( I know this ... I ran through all of the above mentioned steps )

Last edited by switch2ux; 2009-11-21 at 13:27.