View Single Post
Posts: 1,055 | Thanked: 4,107 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Norway
Originally Posted by RevdKathy View Post
Drones on Sales phone-lines repeat what is on the screen. Optimistic people in warehouses might put their best guess on the screen. But Nokia themselves have said only 'November'. They haven't lied to us. Except that someone did say that they're 'hopeful' for November at one of the flagship store events, which means they may need to set it back again.
Except those optimistic people would have been from Nokia, given that it was Nokia's retail arm drones repeating what was on their screens, so Nokia themselves had actually given a date internally for this.

I find myself wondering whether the certainty about the 9th actually came because someone at Nokia UK (sales) read it here and saw how certain the people here were...
I find that really, really hard to believe. I don't know whether you contacted them personally, but I talked to a large number of people there (over this and a few other bits and pieces), and the result was always, without exception, the same. Rumours won't do anything close to that.

(This would also probably go against their training and policy of reading what was on their screen, as you already pointed out.)

The device will ship when it ships. Hopefully during November.
It's still on target for that, sure. The exact response I got was "the 19th", and a close associate of mine also just heard 'next week'.