View Single Post
Originally Posted by darbax View Post
Thanks for the help. Here's a a 10 page example pdf that is freely available at http://www.hfoobook.com/pdf/hfoo-associateuml.pdf
It looks ok, providing:
- It's readable in non-zoom, but looks better in 120%-150% zoom.
- With zoom you would have to scroll around a bit (just use the stylus directly on the page and push it around). That works ok too.
- It looks even better in full-screen mode.
- But in full-screen mode the N800 pdf reader hides access to the page previous/next buttons, which is one of the general complaints we all have about it.. so to use full-screen you would have to go in and out of fs mode whenever you want to change a page. I don't know if anyone has figured out a configuration to enable the buttons for this.
- That document is slightly slow to change pages. Takes 1-2 seconds or so, which is definitely noticable. Other documents I have read have been much faster to page, with no delay, The difference is probably caused by the amount and type of figures.

It contains the diagrams/images that would be typical for me. However, the above example won't help to show that a full pdf book of 10-50mb would still be fast enough to read on the n800.?
I have never tried a really large document. I think I have read here on ITT that the pdf reader chokes a bit on large files, apparently it tries to read it all or something stupid like that. But this is hearsay from me as I haven't tried it.

The Following User Says Thank You to TA-t3 For This Useful Post: