View Single Post
Posts: 99 | Thanked: 49 times | Joined on Jan 2007 @ Tampere, Finland
Originally Posted by stl1859 View Post
extras-devel is what you need.

I am surprised that it did not work for you. It is working for me perfectly. I just refreshed my database last night to add some more files, and cover art generation was fast and painless. Have you tried starting from canola cleanup and then going all the way ? Quite honestly, while I have 0.2.3-maemo2, I never uninstalled the flickr plugin, so I do not know if the latest tuning plugin solved anything. But I will try to uninstall everything tonight and reinstall one by one and let you know how it goes
Ran cleanup (0.1.8-maemo3) again, installed Canola 2.0.0-maemo1 and Tuning plugin 0.2.3-maemo2. Still same ****.

I'm not familiar with Linux so could someone kindly give any hints where to find some Canola log files or something where I could check what goes wrong?

Or is there any other good, working, media player for N810? I checked Canola bug tracker and it looks like the Canola project has been dead for one year (no comments, no assignments). I really liked Canola but for some weird reason this bug annoys me quite much. I guess it worked so well before that my expectations are very high.