View Single Post
R-R
Thanks for your post . a lot of my friends has been disappointed when they knew about it .

the stickers are good solution and the laser is even better but when it comes like officially it makes you feel good

bbns
Maybe it's a good Idea except that I'm not a programmer but I want to help by any way even if I have to learn how to do that .

qgil
Big Big thanks for helping and here is MSameer

and you are 100% right , this thread suppose to be in Maemo 5 forum so I hope anyone can move it there

MSameer
the problem is not with me or with you since you can read and type in English , the problem is for the Arabian regular users which will ask first thing about supporting the Arabic language as you know

At this moment a lot of people on Arabic forums are discussing this problem and some of them start thinking about search for a new device other than N900 .

I'm afraid that when the N900 released it will not have a lot of Arabic users and the sales of this great phone will go down in the Middle East for a small problem such this .

I don't think that on-screen keyboard will solve the problem because some people will think like "Why I have to use the on-screen keyboard when I have a physical keyboard ?" .
My Idea is to make the physical and the on-screen keyboard supporting Arabic (I don't know if that possible or not but I believe that there is nothing impossible on Maemo 5 )

Someone will ask "If we make the keyboard supporting Arabic , how could we change the keyboard language when we need to write in other language ?" . The easiest way to do that is to have a small language icon on the top of the screen with the mobile information icons , so if you have to change the language of the keyboard , all what you have to do is click the icon and chose the language you want .

I want to help by more than just an Idea but thats all what I have
<== blaming himself for not learning programming

I hope with all my heart that the solution will come before N900 release