View Single Post
Have you tried reflashing your N800 back to its original state?

My screen went haywire after the battery went flat overnight while yours experienced the same while being charged for a few days... Unfortunately it does sound like a component of the screen simply failed (after two years of gentle usage here, Korean-built N800 FWIW).

Neither of these "events" is something out of the ordinary so we may simply be among the first N800 owners to experience the defective screen component, with others to follow...

If I've read European Union's legislation correctly, hardware manufacturers still have certain responsibilities towards their customers in case of a manufacturing defect even well after the end of the unilateral (1 year) warranty period.

This makes common sense, since the EU doesn't want to encourage dumping 1-2 year old electronic gadgets in toxic landfills. And neither should the "environmentally aware" Nokia.

A socially and environmentally responsible company would make affordable replacement components easily available. I don't think that even the (Maemo) "company guys" here would publically argue against that, although they've been over the N8x0 hardware (and software) for well over a year already.

PS. Maybe a moderator could move this thread to the Nokia N800 hardware forum?