View Single Post
Posts: 22 | Thanked: 13 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Silicon Valley - USA now, UK originally
Greetings - this seems a great group - hope to be a useful member of it before too long.

I've been in software QA for years but am a newb on Maemo and recent Nokia devices.

I was patiently waiting for Palm to bring out my next smart phone upgrade, having been a loyal Palm/Treo user for years, (used to test Palm apps way back) but Palm lost me forever with the very disappointing Pre. So I was just about to cave and buy the lovely looking but rather expensive N97. Was going to get StyleTap Platform for Symbian to help transition me off the Treo. Then Nokia had to bring out the N900!

I wish the N900 had the same slide n tilt form factor as the N97, but the N900 specs are mostly so much better. The more I read about Maemo, the more interested I am in trying something new and learning like crazy so I can get involved.

I'm hoping the N900 will run Garnet VM (to wean me off a few Palm apps until more are available for the N900). But my many efforts to find out if it will function at all or if there's any chance Garnet VM will be ported to Maemo 5, have been fruitless so far.

I figure I have to try it myself and see. I can't wait for delivery confirmation from Amazon!

All the best...jow

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to jow For This Useful Post: