View Single Post
Posts: 17 | Thanked: 7 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Gouda, Netherlands
Originally Posted by zerojay View Post
The handover isn't done in the middle of a call as far as I know, so if that's what you're looking for... sorry, I doubt it's there.
That's too bad. Roaming between WiFi and GSM (or 3G) would be a great feature for the business audience that we service. (With our company.) It would mean they may leave the office while on the phone and never loose a connection.

On the one hand I'm thinking the benefits would outweigh this disadvantage. On the other hand I'm trying to find out (before testing) if anything close our goal is available.

If you don't mind my asking: Have you any idea whether an application that performs the dial-thru has been created for Maemo?

My search on this forum and the larger internet turned up dead. I know people that created a Symbian version - but that was an application that ran on top of Symbian. It replaced the regular calling interface. And that really sucks. Since Symbian 60 the calling interface is quite good. And Maemo demo's (youtube) promise an even better version .... So I would really like for this function to be "behind the scenes".

The Following User Says Thank You to JPvdBos For This Useful Post: