View Single Post
Posts: 162 | Thanked: 65 times | Joined on Jan 2006 @ Indiana
Long time listener, first time caller...I'm a fan! And yet to anyone I tell about my NIT, I'm an "expert". Been around PCs since the DOS days, have installed a few Linux distros over the years but don't work nor have Linux on my main personal machine. I'm not afraid of the CLI (I actually enjoy and use a lot of commands within the Windoze "shell") but don't know nearly enough Linux to do much on my own so I piece together what I need with my friend Google. I tend to find my answers for Maemo here but do poke around the internet for general Linux info or to see how the info provided here relates to the OS on the whole. I've played with various scripts, html, JS and VB off and on-some for personal reasons, some for work.

I'm a wannabe programmer, yet I probably don't even have enough experience to be a wannabe. I do enough tech work at my job that I know I could get into it/grasp it, but easily get sidetracked by other interests and thus don't dedicate enough time. But Qt has piqued my interest further, and I know it's not a first language to learn, so I'll likely just tinker around with it and fail but enjoy the learning experience.

I don't ask many questions, don't have many problems with my NIT, and know how to use Search when small items crop up that I can't get past on my own.

I never posted to the "new members" thread, do more shaking my head at some of the drama than anything, (flashbacks to ancient Yahoo chats haunt me in some threads) and cancel most of my posts rather than get drawn in. I can't wait for the first maemo.org boyfriend/girlfriend relationship and then breakup to occur. Then again, there are a few on here that make me think they're jilted ex-lovers trying to get back at one another. (I jest)

I almost scrapped this post too.

The Following User Says Thank You to daveb70 For This Useful Post: