View Single Post
Originally Posted by qgil View Post
Ovi has an infrastructure in place already. You have registered developers, registered users, a catalog of apps and a payment framework. You have also a delivery channel for free applications. Getting a first implementation allowing voluntary payments for free apps doesn't look like a huge amount of extra work.
Yes, but, if I understand things correctly, you still have to extend HAM with dialogs to enter payment method information, requests to make a donation, and code to interface with Ovi. To me, it looks like a sizable amount of work, way more substantial than fixing Modest in Diablo, for example.

Maybe implementing this system in such a way, that it can later allow for commercial apps, would be a better idea: this way you kill two rabbits with a single shot.

I guess it's clear to everyone that a donation system is not a substitute of your salary, and not even a full return of investment.
Well, my original point is that not only donations not a substitute for the salary (kinda obvious) but they are not even something to be bothered with.