Thread: N900 vs Iphone.
View Single Post
Posts: 87 | Thanked: 25 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ Italy
Definitely, I am impressed. I was considering an iPhone, because of its applications...Now I will wait. Clearly, Apple hardware-software mix is mature and offers a lot of application I could use daily with my mac. What I really miss on my n82 or n800 is a "Getting Things Done" application that sync with Omnifocus: this option is easily available on thy iPhone. Mobile me works also fine. Nevertheless, on the n800, with fuse, I can use the iDisk with relative ease (BusyBox and Fuse required)...

But I am an heavy user of Voip, chat and Email... and the combination of n82 + n800 works great. This new toy looks like it's even better. I wonder how contact sync and cloud sync works... My experience with voip 3rd party apps has been less than stellar: native integration with the phone software has been to date, for me, a winning point.

Also I am looking forward if walking directions will work for free on n900 OVI. The iPhone uses the fantastic google database with amazing results (But maemo here keeps going thanks to the wonderful maemo mapper!). I am curious to see how OVI maps will do against google maps and streetview...

Wait and see... while putting some money apart

Toutes les informations utiles (pages encore en anglais) : Présentez-vous à la communauté , L'essentiel pour bien commencer, Débuter sur Maemo 4 (N800 - N810), Le Wiki sur Maemo 5 (N900), La FAQ, Le sous-forum dédié aux communautés

En cas de souci, n'hésitez pas à me poser vos questions!

----------------

Benvenuto! Se hai bisogno di aiuto, sono a disposizione.
Ecco dove iniziare (in inglese):

Presentazioni dei nuovi iscritti,Primi passi per nuovi iscritti, Wiki per chi inizia con Maemo 4 (N800 - N810), Wiki per chi inizia con Maemo 5 (N900), FAQ, Subforum della Comunità

In caso di dubbi o domande non esitare: contattami!

The Following User Says Thank You to Matyas For This Useful Post: