View Single Post
Posts: 117 | Thanked: 32 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ New Hampshire, USA
I know $20 isn't much, but it's what I can afford right now. It would buy a nice six pack of beer, or a mediocre bottle of wine though.

Einstein is already a .deb in the Ubuntu repos, and is GPL licensed.
The website is herehttp://games.flowix.com/en/index.html.

This may help: The game does not run without modification on my eee 701 which has the same resolution as the n810, because it's too big for the screen. By default the game tries to open in full screen. when I try to open it via the icon, nothing happens. I have not tried to open it via the command line, so I do not know if it reports any errors. I saw on some forum that a config file can be edited to cause it to open in windowed mode, but I can not find that thread again. I was able to get it to open by booting into that Ubuntu install on another computer starting the program and debigulating it before closing it and shutting down. Now it runs fine on the eee, but it's bigger than the screen, and you have to pan around to see everything. It would be much better on the eee, (and presumably the N***) with a smaller playing field/tile set.

I will happily provide a modified tile set to anyone interested in the project if you can tell me how big to make them. I think 30X30 pixels would be ok, but I don't know for sure. Also the tile set it comes with is a bit confusing, and would be worse on a tiny screen. I do have some ideas to make it more usable on a small screen.

As far as the bounty goes, I will paypal or mail a check to the person who gets the .deb into a repo.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to pokey For This Useful Post: