View Single Post
Posts: 2,041 | Thanked: 1,066 times | Joined on Mar 2006 @ Houston
Originally Posted by willyd357 View Post
Hey guys, I recently I had the misfortune of experiencing the dreaded WSOD, and a thought occurred to me. We know that the early 770's did not have the fault, and that the later generation lacked it as well. So with that in mind, do you think that it would be possible to determine whether or not a specific device may or may not have the fault, based on one or more of the various ID numbers on the device, or on the country of manufacture.

I figure a good starting point would be to identify the devices that obviously have the fault, and those that appear to not have it. They would, of course, need to have been in continuous use for quite some time, say a year or more. I know that this is a long shot, but frankly I'm afraid to purchase another 770, and I'm not sure that I can afford an 800 or 810. Plus, it seems a shame for so many good devices to go unused because of that fear alone.

Let me know what you think. Thanks guys.
Just send it to nokia. They will replace it for free irrespective of the warranty. Anyway you need to look at the n800 or n810. Their prices will hit rock bottom within the next 2 months.

The Following User Says Thank You to sachin007 For This Useful Post: