View Single Post
Posts: 4,030 | Thanked: 1,633 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ nd usa
I used Dragon in 2003 and it was horrible and I had given up. But I have friends since learned it and progress with it and telling me to give a shot recently. I went and got a copy and I will give a serious shot soon. But the point I want to make, whether it is speech to text or graffiti, one still have to go thru a learning curve. Even for Dragon, one has to adapt or learn the way the software interpret. ('A' software developer gave a demonstration for the Dragon and made it correct 60% of the time, only a month ago. He apologize he is more into packaging and program development and has NOT master the way Dragon learned his speech! Hey this is someone tries to sell his stuff!!!). For the casual users, or for someone that is NOT "serious", the learning curve is going to be deep. Finally, just like water, it flows to the least resistence, i.e., keyboard, speech, graffiti, whatever the user finds the least 'painful' will be that user's choice. Being said, a good piece software does lessen up the learning curve, I do agree.

bun

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bunanson For This Useful Post: