View Single Post
Posts: 1,359 | Thanked: 717 times | Joined on May 2009 @ ...standing right behind you...
Originally Posted by sparkling View Post
I don't understand this part of your question. Closing an application does not remove it from the tablet. You simply need to start the program again the next time you want to use it.
My comment was on Lord's statement "you need to set them to either only run when the wifi is on, or set the wifi to auto timeout after 5-10 minutes."

The way I understand it is that applications can be run in two ways on the tablet;
a) As an applet that runs on your homescreen (example: RSS reader), and
b) As an application that can be 'minimized' to the left side of the screen as an icon, showing that it's still active (example: Mauku).

I understand that closing an application doesn't remove it from the tablet - my question was if there was a way to make applets/applications dependent on a wifi connection for them to start running.
AutoScan, Diablo5 Theme, Dialcentral, DragLock, EmelFM2, FlipClock, gPodder, Headphoned, Knots 2, Maemo Mapper, mPlayer, openNTPD, OpenSSH, Panucci, Personal Launcher, QuickNote, Seqretary, SlideLock, Telescope, YellowNotes