View Single Post
Ever do one of those things that you wished you hadn't done.

Omweather .22.2 flashed as an upgrade on my N810. Installed it along with the db weather stations update, rebooted and it no longer has an applet option. You physically have to run the program to get the weather whereas before it just sat on the desktop doing its job. Whether this is by design or something is wrong; I hate it. My desktop was setup perfectly before and where there used to be a weather applet is now a blank area.

My question is how do I go about installing .22.11 again because going to the maemo garage and searching for an older version and trying to run it (saving it first actually in file manager ) it comes up with unable to install omweather. Is there any x-term approach I can use to get the older version installed?

So basically what I'm asking is could someone install the newest version and A) tell me if they no longer have the weather as an applet option, B) tell me what I need to do to reinstall the older version so I can have the applet back on the desktop and C) if the author of omweather reads this and this update without an applet option was by design, why?????