View Single Post
Posts: 549 | Thanked: 502 times | Joined on Feb 2008 @ Bowling Green Ohio (united states)
Originally Posted by Architengi View Post
Super nice.

This looks like a powerful language with rapid development.

Does it support graphics (drawing, bitmap manipulation, video)?

For user interface stand alone, can you give an example of a window with a combo-box with 3 items and 2 buttons ok and cancel?

Does it have a debugger?

Thank you for your hard work !
1) yes - it should, allthough i haven't confermed this yet

2) untill i can find a way to make or port an html rendering canvas (like luna-webkit - what the Palm Pre's WebOS uses to display it's user interface) that can run in hildon, you won't be able to create a user interface outside of the browser directly from the javascript itself

allthough you can run it from within your system to use d-bus, zenity, or gtkwindow to create an interface:
Code:
module Test {
             test_window();
             function test_window();
                            var testwin = System.run("/usr/bin/dbus-send --type=method_call --dest=org.freedesktop.Notifications /org/freedesktop/Notifications org.freedesktop.Notifications.SystemNoteInfoprint string:"Opening Window..."");
                            print(testwin+"");
                            sleep(100);             /* sleep 100 miliseconds */
                            System.run("gxmessage -center -alignbuttons center -buttons "close window":1 -geometry 300x50 -title "question" -wrap "this window was launched using Ejscript"");
                            App.exit(0);
             }
}

3) yes, i believe that it's built into the interpreter and compiler.
My ports/creations/hacks: GNOME (for Deblet), Cdeb2», Ubuntu, playable flash games in the "Get Started" app, DBS, ect...

enhanced fedora port has been canceled in favor of NITDebian (TBA)