View Single Post
Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Originally Posted by darethehair View Post
vitasam:

1) I don't think my program supports Unicode -- at least I made no efforts to do so, unless it 'just works' by accident

2) Yes, I am familiar with GRAMPS. I made my best efforts to support basic GEDCOM reading/writing, which (as you probably know) is the standard exchange format for genealogical data. I would assume that GRAMPS can use/import GEDCOM data in that case (?). Check the README file for everything that I have to say about 'MGedcom'. Originally, it was my intent just to develop a GEDCOM 'reader', but with a lot more effort I tried to turn it into a 'writer' as well -- for the express purpose of being able to use it as a 'field data editor' as you mention. You will need to try it to see if I have succeeded

I suggest that you move this conversation to the 'MGedcom' thread instead of this one.
Ok, moved the discussion here.

1). Looks like yes. What I did - I've exported my GRAMPS database to GEDCOM file. And MGedcom was not able to show anything from this file, when I've open it. Just an empty window of the program.

2) checked in 1)

Anyway, it is a best from what I've seen for the N8x0. One big whish is to fully migrate in to Unicode (utf-8), since it is a default format of GRAMPS, and Internet table, if I remember correctly.

I'd like to subscribe to the news about MGedcom

The Following User Says Thank You to For This Useful Post: