View Single Post
Posts: 234 | Thanked: 40 times | Joined on Nov 2007 @ Cincinnati, Ohio USA
I put mine in my shirt pocket, probably looks geeky. As a result, I have droped it while tying my shoe or picking things up from about 2' hundreds of times on concrete, tile etc... Never had a problem with that. The charger did get bent, but not completely broken when it fell off the 2' nightstand.
I did slip out of my hand about 3' and sent it skidding face down across our concrete driveway. It skuffed up the cover pretty good. More recently, I was jumping in the driveway again and it slipped out of my shirt pocket falling at least 5'. It landed on the front top left and deforemed the faceplate around the buttons in a way I can't bend back into shape. This sent me searching for some replacement covers that were offered here, but seem to not be available anymore.

I also carry it in my front pants pocket without a cover and usually keep my keys in another pocket. The few times I got them mixed up hasn't damaged the screen.

Overall, I don't see any shortcomings in it's durability (except the wimpy charger plug). I also vote for USB charging, could even live with two USB ports.