View Single Post
Originally Posted by GeraldKo View Post
I finally installed 0.4 and converted my previous files. Wow, Quick Clip gets better and better!

You know how I wanted you to have a Find function that would search all the Quick Clip files at once? Forget it! The combination of being able easily to move through the files with the taskbar Right/Left buttons and the fact that the Find box remains in place when you switch files, obviated the need altogether. Your solution is even better than searching all at once.
Great!

A couple new little wishes:

I'd prefer if Find didn't care about capitalization. As it is now, searching for "orange" will not find "Orange" and I'm not consistent in capitalization (and I suppose it also wouldn't find "orange" if it were capitalized intentionally as the first word in a sentence).
Truth be told, my find function is loosely based on Khertan's PyGTKEditor and it's find function (with a few major improvements), and that is just how his worked.

Myself, I would like Find to be able to search for text with special characters, spaces, and optional case-sensitivity, but... Right now the searching is like 30 lines of code (most of them responsible for highlighting matched strings, etc.) and implementing a robust search tool would probably take several hundred (I'm guessing, but Leafpad's search code is larger than all of Quick Clip!).

I know that Quick Clip Viewer isn't intended for editing, but I wish that I could delete within it. Sometimes I save webpage articles that come along with all the excess stuff, like links to elsewhere, that I wish I could get rid of while in QCV. Also, I have a file that I like to delete all of each time I leave it. (I use it just for reading text from webpages that don't reflow well or are hard to read for some other reason, like bad choice of background color.)

Once again, great improvements, thanks!
As for #1 I'm leaving QCV a viewer for now.

#2, that's why I added Clear and Delete menu items in QC; specifically for those type of use-cases.

The Following User Says Thank You to BrentDC For This Useful Post: