View Single Post
Posts: 3,404 | Thanked: 4,474 times | Joined on Oct 2005 @ Germany
Originally Posted by belanger View Post
I would like to mention one odd thing, though. After scanning my music files, one song in one of the albums (Long Album Name) was listed under an abbreviated name (Long Album), all the other songs in the album were listed under the entire name. I thought that perhaps the tag was wrong, so I checked it using the Audio Tag Tool. It was the only song in the album that had ID3 v2 information. The v2 information had the full album title, but the Audio Tag Tool only showed the abbreviated title without scrolling. I removed the ID3 v2 information, and now the song is listed with the rest of the songs in the album. (Am I being clear or rambling?)
Anyhow, it works fine for me now, but it looks like this may be a (minor) bug.
It shouldn't matter if a file is tagged with ID3v2 or ID3v1. But if ID3v1 and ID3v2 tags are present at the same time (technically, this is possible with ID3v1 and ID3v2 because v1 sit at the end of the file and v2 at the beginning), strange things may occur. MediaBox would display the v2 tags in that case.
Maybe this is what happened because the problem went away when you removed the v2 tags.

Originally Posted by belanger View Post
Back to the main point of this note: The latest release is another impressive version. Thanks!
Getting better with each release, hopefully.