View Single Post
Here's the problem with going the "We want gun-control, not complete gun ban"...

Not sure if I said this already or not but... "Give a mouse a cookie, he's gonna want some milk"..

You allow the government to start regulating what you can and can't do - in ANY aspect of life - it will try to do more.. and more.

Power Corrupts, Absolute power corrupts absolutely.. we need to be extremely careful about what we allow our legislators to control about our lives.

Perfect example is DC.. since the supreme court hadn't ever taken a stance on it; and since nobody fought it; they had an outright, complete, ban on all handguns.. and they required all permit rifles in a home to be stored separately from ammo and in a safe or disassembled!!

These are the very same gun control tactics government wants to imposed on everyone - but they aren't that strict - YET.. but DC is the perfect example of where their logic is leading. They want to ban all "hypothetical" assault weapons.. and then want to restrict magazine capacity.. when almost ALL semi-auto handguns have a magazine that holds more rounds than the ban wants - therefore in an indirect way; that rule practically bans all semi-autos.. and which point only revolvers will be legal.

How long before they get to make some obscure law that takes wheel-guns out of the picture?

And to penguinbait: What possible use is the so-called "assault weapons"? Store owners during the LA riots paced their rooftops with these weapons after the police abandoned entire sections of the city to the rioters. Millions/billions of dollars in damage were done by rioters.. but these store owners were some of the ONLY stores not touched. During Katrina, people went crazed and panicky, stealing, looting, crime was everywhere.. and the police couldn't even get to the people needing help because of floods..

These are all perfect examples of when you just might need to defend yourself against a very large mob of somewhat psychotics that have lost their sense of perspective. What good is your 72 hour kits, your water and food storage, your emergency preparation kits... when crap finally hits the proverbial FAN someone is just going to break in and steal it from you for themselves?

I know I'm not gonna win any friends by using this word.. but it's still one of my favorites: Zombies!

Not all Zombies are dead.
pyRadio - Pandora Radio on your N900, N810 or N800!