View Single Post
Just out of curiosity, if the Internet Tablet form factor doesn't have a future, would the same apply to devices such as the Ipod Touch, or Archos multimedia players? I've always considered these three in the same general category, or at least similar with enough overlap.

My biggest thing is that if the n8xx becomes a phone, then the screen would have to shrink down quiet a bit. As it its now, I carry a rather small phone on me, and the n800 rides in my front pocket. I also have to carry a blackberry for work (phone disabled on the blackberry, paging & email only). But on the other hand, I do find myself unable to read the screen a lot of times on the n800, so I can see the case for it becoming a non-pocketable mini laptop.

The other option I can see is having a flip-case with a built in detachable keyboard, so that when the n800 is snapped in it becomes a mini-laptop. And an accessory could be a pair of magnifying spectacles like what jewelers where. Oh, and the keyboard I'd want in this case would be an exact replica of the Apple Newton keyboard -- just barely bigger than the n800, but you can actually touch type on it (unlike some of the other portable bluetooth keyboards out there).