View Single Post
Posts: 39 | Thanked: 66 times | Joined on May 2008 @ Montreal
Originally Posted by IcyAirs View Post
K, upgraded to the new one. I don't think the paper bag is necessary when you plug the holes so damn fast. The fast fixes are your badge of honor =P next to the functionality of your program, of course, which is awesome all by itself ^^
Thanks, I'm glad to get rid of it.

So, onto testing. I don't even really know what it means to be "Natural" sorted (what kind of godawful naming structures you would need to plan ahead for), so let's start with some random files to see how things stack up.
The algorithm is pretty dumb, actually. It accumulates all digits in the file name and then compares those instead of the file name if all other characters are equal.

It's not meant for general use right now, although it seems to work well with most files I've opened.

And I don't think there's a way to autodetect which sort algorithm should be used. However, if you open in ASCII and get to a page that doesn't belong there, you can just switch to natural; it will reset the page to the one that should be at that location in natural sort order.

If somebody can find me a better algorithm, I'll gladly include it

Speaking of which, is there a way you can implement binding multiple keys to one action? I can get in Special mode for Right handed Portrait keybindings, but being able to put in a bunch of keys for the same action would make multi-modal use more viable (two handed, left handed, right handed operation, for those long reading sessions where you need to keep switching hands =P) N800 totally wouldn't bother with it, but could be useful on N810.

My lament will always end up being "rawr why no dpad on face" and "no hardware buttons on the right, guess I'll hold the tablet at an awkward angle so i can reach the buttons"...

end/essay
Hmm, multi-key bindings are quite tricky, and it's not simple to implement at all. Sorry, but it's Nokia's fault for not putting the dpad on the face--you should get an N800 like me! (or a 770--though it's likely to be a bit slow to read comics)

I'd rather work on page caching at this point. And believe me, it's a tricky job, as the code was really not meant for that, so I'll have to turn some things upside-down.

-- BGE