View Single Post
Posts: 3,096 | Thanked: 1,525 times | Joined on Jan 2006 @ Michigan, USA
Originally Posted by hordeman View Post
"/etc/sudoers" does contain "user ALL = (ALL) NOPASSWD: ALL" as the last line, and running "/usr/bin/sudo /usr/bin/su - -c /usr/local/kde/bin/k3b" as root does nothing. It just returns another prompt. Really, weird, huh?

Though, looking at the app manager in Hildon, I'm seeing that install-tools is somehow corrupt. It's got that little right exclamation point over the icon. Not sure why as this is all (of course) running all on the SD card. Not even sure if this would affect the K3B issue. Though, any other app I run from the KDE menu starts up just fine.

Will have to try tonight with ripping to MP3. Though, I won't be able to tell if all the appropriate lame packages are installed until I get a CD inserted. Will let you know what I find.

No you cannot run sudo as root, what happens when you run that full command as "user"?
To all my Maemo friends. I will no longer be monitoring any of my threads here on a regular basis. I am no longer supporting anything I did under maemo at maemo.org. If you need some help with something you can reach me at tablethacker.com or www.facebook.com/penguinbait. I have disabled my PM's here, and removed myself from Council email and Community mailing list. There has been some fun times, see you around.